You Are Welcome as You Are (audio)

(Note: Please click on the title to listen and download. Thanks!)
This guided audio follows up on the last post about getting unstuck. In that post, we saw that bringing our attention right into the places that are stuck helps to release them. Sometimes those places feel undesirable or distasteful. This audio offers unconditional acceptance…of you…just as you are.

Download

1. avatar Kelly
    Posted April 24, 2010 at 10:39 am | Permalink

First, I want to let you know that I am a huge fan of your site :)

I just listened to this and all I can say is WOW. I think it just helped me to release at least 10 pounds of stress from my body. I could feel the stress well up, come to a point and then just fly out! Several times I experienced immense relief from pent up tension and stress while listening to this.

Thank you for helping me to get that negativity out!

Kelly

• Posted April 24, 2010 at 9:28 pm | Permalink

Hi Kelly,

Well, I am so glad to meet you. You are always welcome here!

Stress is the result of resisting something about our experience, and the audio invites the welcoming of every part of you – which is the antidote to stress. No need to carry around negativity when every thing is welcomed. I so appreciate that you felt that when you listened.

I wish you well….

2. avatar Jean
    Posted April 24, 2010 at 1:02 pm | Permalink

Gail,

Thank you for providing this beautiful and effective guided meditation. It truly helped me to rest my thoughts for a while, leaving me with a feeling of being . . . cherished.

Love to you,
    Jean

• Posted April 24, 2010 at 9:29 pm | Permalink

I’m so glad, Jean.

Oceans of love coming right back to you….

3. avatar Deb
    Posted April 24, 2010 at 3:24 pm | Permalink

Gail
    I too thank you for this meditation. Most of my life I have felt not welcome and in need of change to be welcome. Lately, tho, I am learning I am perfect, just as I am, all my positives and negatives and little parts I have hidden away. All are ok. This is a wonderful meditation to remind me of all this.
    Deb

• Posted April 24, 2010 at 9:37 pm | Permalink

Great, Deb! We can never hear too many reminders to be accepting of ourselves.

It’s beautiful to hear how you have shifted from feeling like you need to change to be welcomed to allowing yourself just as you are – positive, negative, hidden places, all of it. What a relief! You have my total support for your amazing journey.

4. Posted April 24, 2010 at 11:59 pm | Permalink

Hi Gail .. we don’t need to change a thing .. we are who we are .. we can have unconditional acceptance resting in love .. so peaceful and so meaningful – thank you .. Hilary
    .-= Hilary´s last blog ..Pevensey Castle, Normans Bay, smuggling and family remembrances … Part 2 =-.

5. Posted April 25, 2010 at 4:08 pm | Permalink

Oh Gail, I did, I rested in love and that was like a warm bath, soothing and relaxing.
    What an awesome gift, I sat there smiling and letting your words envelop me, thank you. xox Wilma
    .-= Wilma Ham´s last blog ..Listening beyond what your ego wants to hear. =-.

• Posted April 25, 2010 at 5:09 pm | Permalink

I’m grinning from ear to ear, Wilma. I can feel your warmth and relaxation. Just as the words envelop you, your sentiments envelop me. We meet in love.

6. avatar Ana
    Posted December 29, 2010 at 5:11 pm | Permalink

I cried; thank you. =]

• Posted December 29, 2010 at 10:03 pm | Permalink

Your tears are welcome, Ana. So glad you visited here.

Love,
      Gail

7. avatar Teresa Belmar
    Posted January 16, 2013 at 1:08 am | Permalink

Dear Gail
    I like your simple, clear and wise thoughts on the subject matters you discuss.
    How can I get hold of your book?
    And can you point me to read on your articles topics that could help me feel more motivated at work, and less anxious about being 54 years old.
    A short note that does not tell you more about me…though your articles reach us in many ways and I thank you for them.
    Teresa

• Posted January 16, 2013 at 9:39 pm | Permalink

Hi Teresa,

I’m glad you found your way here. If you subscribe to this blog, you will get a copy of my book. Simply scroll down the right sidebar, and you will see a form to fill out. Once you do, you will receive an email with a link to the book. I appreciate your interest in it.

Many of the articles here are relevant to the questions you are asking about motivation and anxiety, and you can find them by searching around in the archives. Two reasons for not being motivated come to mind – fear of failure or success, and being in a job/career that is not in alignment with who you are – kind of like trying to put a square peg in a round hole. The first calls for meeting fear directly so it doesn’t control you, and the second invites you to listen to your inner intelligence to have it guide your next step. As for anxiety about being 54, your thoughts are probably projecting into the past or future about fear or regret. The articles on fear may support you.

Wishing you all the best on your beautiful journey….

3 Trackbacks