“For true love is inexhaustible; the more you give, the more you have. And if you go to draw at the true fountainhead, the more water you draw, the more abundant is its flow.”
~Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
I started blogging because I thought other people might benefit from the insights that have transformed my life. But I never could have predicted that I would meet such lovely, pure-intentioned, generous people along the way. Sandra Lee of Always Well Within calls it the web of love, and I couldn’t agree more.
I am happily entangled in this web of love. I have been tapped by not one, but two bloggers to receive the Beautiful Blogger Award: Emma from Graceful Balance is saucy, a little outrageous, and overflowing with joy. Sandra from Always Well Within has a heart of gold and shares the wisdom of the ages with great intelligence and clarity. Thank you, Emma and Sandra!
This award comes with two requests. I am asked to share seven things about myself that you may not know, then pass along the award to five other bloggers. Here goes.
7 Things You May Not Know About Me
- I love the time I get to spend with my elderly parents. I feel honored to be with them at this tender time in all of our lives.
- I’m a decent salsa dancer.
- I absolutely love yoga. It helps me be strong and grounded in all aspects of my being. Recently, I’ve been exploring the wonders of the breath. My practice is challenging, and I am close to finishing my 200-hour yoga teacher certification.
- Years ago, I was almost fluent in French. Now I’m trying to unearth it from my aging brain, somewhat successfully. I see a visit to a language school in France in my future.
- I was raised in Pennsylvania. After finishing graduate school, I moved to Florida and realized that I could live in beautiful places with beautiful weather. (Sorry, Pennsylvanians!) It was only a matter of time before I made it to California. I have lived in the Bay Area and now Santa Barbara.
- I’m curious by nature. When I was growing up, I would never take anyone’s word for anything, and I was always keen to explore and experiment. This made me an interesting teenager to raise. Just ask my mother.
- I’ve done two 14-day and several 10-day silent meditation retreats.
And now I have the honor of presenting the Beautiful Blogger Award to:
- Robin Easton of Naked in Eden. Being in Robin’s presence is like drowning in an ocean of love.
- Lori Deschene of Tiny Buddha. Day after day, Lori offers simple wisdom that is easily applicable to our daily lives.
- Tara Sophia Mohr of Wise Living. Tara tells it like it is in a beautifully courageous way.
- Sibyl of Alternaview. Sibyl is an expert at putting a fresh spin on common topics.
- Christopher Foster of The Happy Seeker. A pure and generous heart.
Bloggers, if you are willing to take on the challenge, I look forward to your posts.
Feel free to check out all the amazing people mentioned here. And I would love to know from you: what blogs do you love? How does reading blogs support you?
Still wanting more? Click to learn about one-on-one sessions with me for personalized, insightful help.